We would like to thank the sponsors of this event.
Join us at Germany’s long-standing and most popular event for the offshore wind sector and hear global industry experts share their insights on policies, opportunities, and challenges.
This year’s overarching theme is “Offshore Wind in Germany - How 30 GW by 2030 Will be a Game Changer for European Energy Supply”.
To accelerate and increase the further development of offshore wind in Germany, the German Government has raised the installation targets from 20 to 30 GW and 40 GW in 2030 and 2030 respectively, with an even more ambitious target of 70 GW in 2045.
For the 2023 edition of the well-established HOW conference we are inviting industry, politics, and stakeholders to discuss how these targets can be achieved. Together with an industry leading and prominent panel of speakers we want to explore the following questions:
- What needs to be done so that the ambitious 70 GW target can be met?
- Which interim targets and ambitions are actually feasible from a technical and supply chain perspective?
- How will these new targets change the competition in the offshore wind industry and stretch the supply chain in a rapidly developing global and European offshore wind landscape?
Whilst short term target improvements are required to ensure there is no delivery gap, the panel will also focus on the long-term plan from 2030 to 2040 and discuss how this significant offshore capacity build-up can be realized and aligned with all stakeholders over that decade to achieve maximum investor attractiveness and a cost-effective and efficient development of industry capacities and infrastructure.
- Senator Dr Melanie Leonard, Ministry of Economics and Innovation, Free and Hanseatic City of Hamburg
- Thomas Dalsgaard, Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners
- Martin Gerhardt, Managing Director Siemens Gamesa Germany & Head of Platform & Portfolio Management Offshore
- Ditlev Engel, DNV
- Carl Heiremans, Jan de Nul
- Dr. Roland Merger, BASF
- Douglas Ord, BP
- Professor Martin Skiba, World Forum Offshore Wind
- Minka St. James, Schmidbauer GmbH & Co. KG
- Dr Joyce von Marshall, RWE Renewables
- Björn Wittek, Rhenus Offshore Logistics GmbH & Co. KG
Confirmed companies on Panels:
- Jan de Nul
- Rhenus Offshore Logistics GmbH & Co. KG
- Schmidbauer GmbH & Co. KG
Complete agenda and registration following this link: www.dnv.com