The Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Hamburg is hosting a Digital Workshop on Cooperation on Green Hydrogen between Northern Germany and South Korea in the morning of Wednesday, 20 October 2021. Green hydrogen has proven itself as a key to carbon-free economy across the globe. Northern Germany, in particular, is leading a number of initiatives to position itself as the strongest future region for green hydrogen in Europe, backed up with its extensive expertise in wind energy. At the same time, South Korea is taking initial steps to embrace green hydrogen in its journey to a hydrogen economy with solid governmental support and advanced automobile technology.
The Consulate aims to bring together the important players of the two countries in the field of green hydrogen, and promote the interaction and synergy between the future partners.
- 09:30h Welcome Remarks: Mr. Jung Ki-hong | Consul General of the Republic of Korea in Hamburg
- 09:35h Congratulatory Remarks: Mr. Michael Westhagemann | Senator for Economy and Innovation, Hamburg
- 09:40h Progress in Hamburg’s Green Hydrogen Economy: Mr. Jan Rispens | Managing Director | Renewable Energy Hamburg Cluster
- 09:55h Industrial Scale Green Hydrogen from the North-German Wind Energy Region Heide & PtX-Businesspark: Mr. Rainer Hesse & Mr. Kay Haalck | Project Manager | Heide Development Agency
- 10:10h Hamburg Green Hydrogen Hub (Moorburg) Project: Mr. Reinier Waters | Strategy Advisor | Vattenfall
- 10:25h Q&A Session
- 10:35h Coffee Break
- 10:45h Saemangeum Green Hydrogen Production Cluster: NN | Saemangeum Development and Investment Agency
- 11:00h Developing a Hydrogen Industry in Gangwon Province: Mr. Yoo Jaseok | Head of Energy Disaster Prevention Support Unit | Gangwon Technopark
- 11:15h Hydrogen Fuel Cell Vehicles: Mr. Ronald Grasman | VP Global Fuel Cell Cooperation | Hyundai Motors
- 11:30h Q&A Session
- 11:40h Panel Discussion - Ways to enhance cooperation on green hydrogen between Northern Germany and South Korea: Mr. Hyunchul Yoon | KOTRA // Mr. Stefan Matz | Hamburg Invest // and others
- 12:00h Closing Words
The Digital Workshop will be held in the English language, and is open to all stakeholders who are interested in the potential of cooperation in the field of green hydrogen between Northern Germany and South Korea. You are welcome to make a registration at the link below.
Registration link: https://us06web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_cyY7H31_SYub8LBHdx1LmQ
More information: https://overseas.mofa.go.kr/de-hamburg-de/brd/m_9591/view.do?seq=760631
Contact person: Ms. Jeeyoung Kim | Consul | General Consulate of the Republic of Korea in Hamburg | email@example.com